The artiste gave insights about his new album and talked about his planned concert.
Read full interview below:
– What is your full name and What state are you from in Nigeria?
My name is Samuel Nwachukwu and I’m from Anambra state
– How long have you been doing music and why are you just dropping an album after years of doing music?
I’ve been making music professionally for about 7 years, but came out as an artist on the 18th of April, 2016 with my first single Working on Me. Regarding the album, it was the right season to share the message of waiting. God was teaching me the beauty of uncertainty and trusting in His timing for everything.
– Tell us about your Educational Background?
I’m a Finance Major. Studied it for 3 years and now work as a Finance Analyst!
– About your album ‘In Due Time’. Why that title?
Like eluded to, there’s a time and season for everything as said in Ecc. 3:11 – God makes everything beautiful in His own time. For me it related to my entire life and how God surpasses my greatest imaginations at the right time.
– Which is your favorite song on the album?
That’s like asking a parent who their favourite child is lol. Honestly they all minister to me in different ways. I guess Move to the Rhythm is the song that really encapsulates the project more than the others.
Watch Move to the Rhythm here:
– Any new song coming out soon?
Not really soon, I guess it’s the season to wait and be filled again, but there will be surprise videos and snippets for now.
– Do you plan to feature any artiste on any track this year?
We’ll see. There are a lot of people doing their thing right now who I admire. So in due time, we will work some things out.
– Who do you look up to or who are your role models in the music industry?
Kirk Franklin has always been a role model and a pioneer of modern Christian music. His legacy is super inspiring for me.
– Any new project dropping in 2019
I don’t think so. The new album is doing so much at the moment, so we might travel with it for a while. Take it round the world first and let it marinate just like Christmas chicken.
– How did you feel when you realised I’m Free was named 2018 track of the year by ‘A Step Fwd’ UK Christian charts?
Honestly elated! The songs on that list were incredible and for I am Free to have come out as number 1 is crazy. Its pushed the team to keep going and working hard to make sure the gospel is translated through great music.
Listen to I am Free here:
– What winning ‘Breakthrough Artiste of Excellence’ in AGMMA 2018 meant for you?
Though awards aren’t everything, for me it’s like a pat on the back from God as if to say, keep pushing, keep going. The AGMMA award was one of those! It was a great night overall meeting African Gospel giants such as Sammie Okposo and the big bro, Joe Mettle.
– Calledout Music is steadily becoming an household name even with the new album. Do you plan on having a live show or concert anytime soon after having similar shows in Paris and London last year?
Thanks a lot! Lol I honestly never expected it. It’s been an unbelievable journey, so we definitely will be putting up live concerts around the globe. We’re currently in the planning process so watch this space.
Adopted from Gospel Centric.