TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERNING PARTICIPATION IN “THE 2ND ANNUAL VERSE5VE AWARDS NOMINATION AND VOTING PROCESS” (“#Verse5veAwards2020”)
The following terms and conditions apply exclusively to the aforementioned Verse5ve Awards and all Participants in the #Verse5veAwards2020 are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the same:
Organization, Duration and Participation Mechanic in the (“#Verse5veAwards2020
- The #Verse5veAwards2020 is organized by Verse5ve Ventures (a private company registered and situated in Nairobi, Kenya) and is also managed and executed by various contracted service providers (hereinafter jointly referred to as the “Organizers”).
- To participate in the #Verse5veAwards2020, Participants will be required to do the following: -
- a) Respond to call for nominations on the official website owned and maintained by the Organizers, https://www.verse5ve.africa/ “Official Website”);
- b) Upon confirmation of start of voting phase (“Voting Phase”) by the Organizers, members of the public and the nominees can participate by voting on the Official Website.
- The charges applicable for the Voting Phase are as set out details of which may be displayed on communication materials including the Official Website:
FREE VOTES PER PARTICIPANT (ONLY for those who have Signed Up on the Official Website)
Unlimited Voting Credit Costs (Minimum is 10 Voting Credits)
*exclusive of 1 % to 3% processing charges
1 PER DAY
Kshs. 10 per Vote
- There are no other charges payable to participate in the #Verse5veAwards2020.
- The Verse5ve Awards 2020 shall commence and end on specific dates to be published on the Official Website and other communication media channels published by the Organizers.
- The Mechanic is as follows:
- a) Open submission for the public in the twelve categories in #Verse5veAwards2020.
- b) The Verse5ve Conservatoire (“Nominee Selection Panel”) set up by the Organizers shortlists the top 7 nominees per category;
- c) The list of nominees is unveiled to the public for voting, with the public votes contributing 60% towards the determination of the overall award recipients in each category; and
- d) The Verse5ve Conservatoire (“Nominee Selection Panel”) is a collective of industry stakeholders including artists, producers, recording engineers, songwriters, radio personalities and key players in the entertainment fraternity. It consists of 20 members who have the privilege to impact the future of music and its role in our society with a 40% Voting threshold on the final nominee list and eventually the final winners of #Verse5veAwards2020.
Eligibility for Participation.
- The #Verse5veAwards2020 is open to residents and citizens of the participating countries Kenya.
- The #Verse5veAwards2020 is open to the public provided one has access to the internet on a compatible device.
- Employees and relatives of the Organizers, Nominee Selection Panel, and Sponsors of #Verse5veAwards2020 are not eligible to be nominees but can vote for their preferred nominees.
- There is NO LIMITto the number of times a Participant can enter and participate in the #Verse5veAwards2020.
Use of Personal Data
- The Organizers shall have the right to store the personal information entered onto the #Verse5veAwards2020 platforms by Participants purely for direct private contact marketing or research purposes, all the while respecting and retaining the privacy of the Participants unless required to be disclosed by competent authority strictly under the confines of the relevant empowering law.
General Rules of the #Verse5veAwards2020.
- Only creatives of Kenyan origin (born and resident in the participating country) will be admitted and processed by The Verse5ve Conservatoire as nominees to be voted for.
- Creatives nominated must have released the content up for submission between 1st August 2019 and 1st August 2020.
- A creative may nominate oneself or someone else in the submission phase of #Verse5veAwards2020 which ends before the Voting Phase.
- Any submission or vote made outside of the allocated time frames will be discarded.
- The Verse5ve Conservatoire decision on the final list of nominees is final.
- The Voting Phase commences on a date set by the Organizers following the completion of the list of nominees in each of the categories by the Nominee Selection Panel.
- FREE VOTING IS ONCE PER SIGNED UP PARTICIPANT PER DAY. Thereafter, a Participant can for their preferred nominee(s) in an UNLIMITEDmanner by purchasing Voting Credits and paying an equivalent of US$ 0.10 per vote (minimum number of votes to be purchased is 10)in local currency adjusting for foreign exchange plus an additional 1% to 3% processing charge.
- Any attempts at hacking or illegally accessing the #Verse5veAwards2020 platforms to submit nominees or vote for nominees or otherwise tamper with the system and the process of nomination and voting shall result into criminal investigations and legal action being taken, including disqualification of any Participant or nominee found to have been involved in such an attempt.
- The Organizers will not be held accountable for and will not be responsible to any third party for any information and materials submitted for and/or on behalf of nominees. Should a third party be confirmed to own, have a license to or otherwise have actionable cause for intellectual property (copyright, trademarks, patents, industrial designs and such like) associated with a nominee then the nominee will have to take over and engage directly with such third party whilst his nomination will be suspended pending final determination of any such dispute. Should any dispute on ownership of intellectual property and/or proprietary materials by a nominee not be resolved within a period of at least one (1) week prior to the close of the Voting Phase, then such nominee will be disqualified from #Verse5veAwards2020. The nominee warrants that they have rights of ownership or use to all materials and intellectual property therein submitted to the Organizers and that he/she will indemnify and hold harmless the Organizers should the Organizers suffer any losses, costs and expenses arising from any claims by third parties including any unavoidable delays to executing #Verse5veAwards2020 in accordance with the set timetable (such as an injunction), court action and advocates’ costs.
- The Organizers reserve the right to amend and adjust the #Verse5veAwards2020 format and timings as they deem fit.
- Although the Organizers have used reasonable efforts to ensure that all information and materials relating to the #Verse5veAwards2020 are accurate, they shall not be liable for any inaccuracy or errors in such information and/or material. The Organizers, their agents and sub-contractors will also not bear responsibility for any loss or damage to a Participant, whether caused by self or any third party, arising from:
- Matters outside the control of the Organizers, their agents and sub-contractors including but not limited to force majeure events such as acts of God, computer viruses, power outages, etc.; and
- Any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any machine, telephone network or system, internet service, service provider software or otherwise which may result in any communication being lost or not properly received, registered or recorded.
- In case of any queries or concerns on the #Verse5veAwards2020, Participants, members of the public and other interested parties are directed to send an e-mail to email@example.com social media pages: Facebook www.facebook.com/verse5ve, Twitter www.twitter.com/verse5ve, Instagram www.instagram.com/verse5ve.
- By entering the #Verse5veAwards2020, all Participants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which will be interpreted by the Organizers, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Organizers reserve the right to amend, modify or change these rules at any time during the #Verse5veAwards2020.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Kenya and the Participant(s) submit irrevocably to the jurisdiction of the competent courts in Kenya.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by any court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable in whole or in part, the other provisions of these Terms and conditions and the remainder of the affected provisions shall continue to be valid.
CAUTION: The Organizers do not require Participants to send cash, airtime credit or other consideration to anyone other than the charges to participate in the voting directly through the official designated platforms and will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred by any person who fails to pay heed to this notification.